MoCA Home™ 2.0
- Offers actual data rates up to 1 Gbps net throughputs
- Performance modes of 400 and 800 (bonded) Mbps net throughputs also available.
- Greater than 90% outlet coverage.
- One in one hundred million packet error rate (PER) with 3.6ms latency.
- Sleep and standby low power modes.
- 500 – 1650MHz operating frequency.
- Fully backward interoperable with MoCA 1.1.
- MoCASec™ Peer-to-Peer MoCA® Link Security.
MoCA Network Password Remote Provisioning for User Self-Install
Allows zero configuration networking for new MoCA based device added to a MoCA network in privacy mode, by provisioning the MoCA network password over the coax medium prior to admission. Learn how.
MoCA Home™ 2.0 / 2.0 Bonded Highlights
Two new power saving modes
- Standby (reduced power)
- With Wake on MoCA (WoM) for quick response
- “Wake on MoCATM” produces similar results to “Wake on LAN (WoL)” but specialized for MoCA as a coordinated shared network
- Sleep (minimum power)
- Reduced power for one node
Additional network-level power saving mode
- Network standby mode is defined as all devices in the network are in standby, including the NC, and can wake up synchronously and reform the network
- Reduced power for all nodes
Expanded Operating Frequency
500 MHz through 1650 MHz (center frequencies)
This spectrum expansion allows multiple MoCA networks simultaneously coexistent with provider services
Improved packet error rate (PER)
- Programmable on a per flow basis
- One packet error in 100 million for improved video delivery
- 3.5 ms latency for all received packets
3.5 ms latency (on average) over all received packets.
Improved robustness by re-transmission
Backward Interoperability Assured
MoCA 2.0 nodes interoperate with 1.1 nodes on the same network.
MoCA 2.0 capable nodes communicate in MoCA 2.0 mode when talking to MoCA 2.0 devices even when legacy devices are present in the network.
- Highest performance and most reliable home networking technology standard available.
- Energy efficiency improvements
- Expanded operating frequency
- Backward interoperability
- MoCA 2.0 is in use by pay TV and network operators worldwide.
MoCA 2.0 & 2.5 Specification for Device RF Characteristics(PDF)
This memo defines an optional Multimedia over Coax Alliance Management Information Base and a recommended way of using the MIB with Simple Network Management Protocolto remotely configure, monitor, and diagnose a device which supports one or more MoCA interfaces.
MoCA Home 2.0 Performance Tests
MoCA field tests that compared three different Wi-Fi mesh-based products in a home networking environment, vs. a Wi-Fi network that used MoCA as the backhaul. The results showed a dramatic improvement in Wi-Fi performance when using MoCA 2.0 as the backhaul, compared to a Wi-Fi-based backhaul only.
The MoCA Home Technology Universe: