SAN DIEGO, December 6, 2011 --- Entropic Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq: ENTR), a leading provider of silicon and software solutions to enable connected home entertainment will showcase its latest innovations for enabling consumers to have a more captivating whole-home entertainment experience by enjoying new ways to connect, engage, and interact with next-generation multimedia content.
At CES 2012, booth #31253, Entropic will highlight:
- MoCA® 2.0 (Multimedia over Coax) is Available Here and Now: Entropic will show how MoCA 2.0 transforms coaxial infrastructure into a highly-efficient, highly reliable whole-home entertainment network. The entire Entropic booth will be host to a live demonstration of products using MoCA 2.0 silicon capable of delivering from 400Mbps to 1Gbps of MAC layer throughput-- the fastest coaxial home networking solution available today.
- MoCA Plus Video Transcoding Innovations: Entropic will be showcasing its latest innovations in powerful transcoding technologies over a MoCA 2.0 network, ensuring seamless and optimal viewing experiences on any screen both in and outside of the home.
- New Categories of MoCA Adapters: Simulating a typical connected home, Entropic will offer interactive demos that feature the newest MoCA adapters specifically designed for connected CE devices for delivering high-bandwidth content that work across all three Pay TV service bands: cable, satellite and telco as well as the newest Verizon FiOS Adapter from Actiontec and MoCA to Wi-Fi extenders for enhancing in-home Wi-Fi coverage.
- The DIRECTV® Experience: Understand how leading satellite service provider DIRECTV has simplified the installation, upgrade and deployment of DVR services by deploying Entropic’s innovative Channel Stacking Switch (CSS) solution, as well as how they have integrated MoCA technology for delivering content across multiple screens into their service mix.
Also, learn how international satellite operators are taking advantage of Entropic’s CSS technologies to increase the consumer experience and drive end-user loyalty.
- IP-Based Services over Coax: Whether in a multiple dwelling unit (MDU) in China or the latest hotel in Europe, Entropic is enabling the delivery of next-gen IP-based services such as IPTV, IP VoD, and data access applications to millions of end-users throughout the world. Leveraging its c.LINK® Broadband Access solution – for Ethernet-over-Coax (EoC) implementations – Entropic allows service providers to deliver scalable connectivity for a high-performance, cost-effective, future-proofed video delivery network.
Experience the power of MoCA 2.0 and meet with an Entropic executive at CES 2012 by scheduling a briefing at: Entropic-PR@ruderfinn.com.
About Entropic Communications
Entropic Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ:ENTR) is a leading fabless semiconductor company that is engineering the future of connected home networking and entertainment by providing next-generation silicon and software technologies to the world's leading cable, telco and satellite service providers, OEMs and consumer electronics manufacturers. As a co-founder of MoCA (Multimedia over Coax Alliance), Entropic pioneered and continues to evolve the way high-definition television-quality video and other multimedia and digital content such as movies, music, games and photos are brought into and delivered throughout the home. For more information, visit Entropic at www.entropic.com.