MoCA 2.1 / 2.1 Bonded
The availability of MoCA 2.1 and MoCA 2.1 Bonded provides operators with the performance and the additional five features they need for further design and implementation of their networks. Offers actual data rates up to 1 Gbps net throughputs. As operator and end user requirements for bandwidth increase, service providers can then migrate to MoCA 2.5 using the same five features offered in MoCA 2.1/2.1 Bonded.
MoCA 2.1 Highlights:
- MoCA protected setup (MPS): Easy setup of new nodes with unique password sharing via push-button (similar to Wi-Fi® WPS).
- Management proxy: Management of nodes that don’t have upper layer management support by supporting management queries
from one node on behalf of other nodes.
- Enhanced privacy: Secure data communications with a longer password using different keys between MoCA 2.1 nodes compared
to MoCA 1.1/MoCA 2.0 nodes, along with the ability to control data forwarding of legacy nodes to and from MoCA 2.1 nodes.
- Network-wide beacon power management: Provides better control of peak signal power on the coax by configuring the beacon
power of nodes to an absolute level (within tolerance of the hardware) and advertise that level to other nodes so that the same value is
used after any handoff.
- Bridge detection: Ability to distinguish between nodes belonging to different networks and pass operator specified information
between nodes before admission, as well as pass that same information to upper layers to prevent neighbors from forming a common network.